Christmas mini sessions 2022
Less than a month to go before this year's Christmas mini sessions kick off. How did we get here so fast? Please read through this article for some further information about your session. I'm here if you have any questions. Can't wait to see all your smiling faces soon and to capture some beautiful memories with your family!
About your session
- Date: Saturday, November 19th & Sunday, November 20th
- Time: Please check your confirmation email
- Location: Camden Town Farm
This year, my Christmas mini sessions will be held at Camden Town Farm, a beautiful location on the outskirts of Camden and a much-loved spot by many locals. The stunning rural views are the perfect backdrop for your photos.
Camden Town Farm
I have booked the left paddock for my sessions, so we have this entire space (outlined in yellow) to ourselves. This also includes a large undercover area (outlined in brown) in case it rains.
There is plenty of parking on nearby streets Exeter Street and John Street (marked in red). There are two gates where you can access the paddock (marked in purple).
Click on this Google Maps link to get directions.
The best advice I can give you regarding what to wear, is to wear something that you feel comfortable in. It shines through in the photos if you feel happy and confident in your outfit.
If you want to coordinate everyone's looks, try going for a similar colour palette or similar styles. Think natural/earthy and pastel tones like beige, cream, light browns, blues and greens (moss/forest green).
You might not want everyone to match perfectly, but you also don't want colours to clash. And try not to wear clothing that's too dark (black, dark grey, etc.), or that has stripes, large logos or prints.
I wouldn't necessarily worry about the outfits being Christmassy (unless you want that look, of course!), as the setting will already have a nice Christmas feel to it.
Just a final heads up: the setup includes a beautiful lounge with a dark red, velvety fabric. I would therefore also recommend not to wear red, or any colours that clash with red. Also, depending on the weather forecast until mid-November, the ground at the Town Farm might be slightly muddy. I'd therefore recommend closed shoes, or to bring an extra pair with you to pop on before you hop on the lounge.
For any further advice on this, please feel free to reach out and/or read my 7 tips on what to wear to a photo session.
What to bring
Your session will take up to 20 minutes, so you don't need to bring much apart from yourselves. You probably already know what's helpful to bring, but this list might help you prepare for your session:
- A drink (in case your kids get thirsty)
- Some snacks (ones that don't get clothes or hands messy)
- An extra change of clothes (just in case)
If you have any Christmas decorations that are special to your family, or if your child has any favourite Christmas books or toys, please feel free to bring them along. We can then see how we can incorporate them into the photos.
Please also let me know if there's anything you or your child(ren) need to make your session easier. I will do my best to accommodate any special needs and/or requirements you have.
To keep in mind
These are some general things to keep in mind for your Christmas mini session:
- Please try to arrive a little earlier than your booked in time (5-10 mins). This gives you time to get ready, find a parking spot and walk to the location without feeling rushed.
- If you arrive late, we might not be able to shoot for the full session time, as there is a booking directly after yours.
- There are toilet blocks nearby, but these may not be operational. It's therefore advisable that everyone has a pitstop before coming to the session.
- If you have a booking on Saturday morning, please allow a little extra time to find a parking spot. The Camden Fresh Produce Markets will be on at Camden Town Farm until 1pm and although this will not interfere with your session, it might be slightly busier in the area to park.
Last but not least, here are some tips to prepare for your Christmas session.
- Enjoy the moment! I know you want this to be perfect and you might have an expectation on how the photos should turn out. Or, you might be slightly camera shy and have no idea how to look or act in front of the lens (like me). Please don't stress out and try to enjoy the moment as much as you can. See it as an opportunity to have some special family time together instead of it being a photoshoot. And, if you're relaxed, your kids will most likely feel at ease too which will make the session a lot more fun. Win-win!
- Prepare your kids for the session. If your kids are old enough, it can help to talk to them about the session beforehand. Let them help choose a nice outfit to wear. Tell them why they're having their photo taken. And show them photos of the location. This will help them picture what it will be like and how much fun it will be.
- Don't expect your kids to sit still. I definitely won't! I'm all about candid photos so I won't be telling you, or your children to pose or do anything that doesn't feel natural. Because this generally never works. It's better to engage with your kids, tell them something funny and/or sing a song together. Pretend I'm not there and I promise I'll capture a beautiful photo of you just being you! The best photos are taken when you don't know they're being taken.
THANK YOU AGAIN!
I look forward to seeing you in November and to capture some memories for your family. If you have any further questions or need anything from me, please feel free to reach out at any time!
A reminder of the nitty gritty:
- The remaining balance needs to be paid at least 7 days prior to your session. Please refer to your invoice email for more information.
- One booking per family.
- If you, or one of your family members are unwell, please let me know beforehand and do not attend your booked session. This is for the safety of your family and mine.
- These bookings are subject to change, i.e. in case of bad weather (flooding) or illness. In this case, your session can be rescheduled, or a refund can be offered.
- Your photo selection for your prints needs to be shared with me no later than December 9th in order to guarantee delivery before Christmas. Subject to Australia Post delivery times.